- Wireless Follow Focus
- Focus wheel FIZ
- Right & left wireless handles
- 15mm/19mm rod support
- Automatic lens calibration
- 2 motors included
- Record Run/Stop functionality
- Torque：max 2.5Nm
The wireless range of both the hand unit and hand grips is 1,000 feet and with the planned upcoming transmission upgrade, the range can reach up to 1 ¼ miles! This makes it ideal for drone or car-mounted shots.
The hand grips can be attached to the included rosette mounts for handheld operation and can also be attached to top bar-based gimbals with the included Nucleus-M Hand Grip to Gimbal Adapters or to ring-based gimbals with the optional Nucleus-M Hand Grip Universal Gimbal Ring Adapters.
Each motor has its own built-in motor drive that communicates directly with the hand unit and hand grips. This negates the need to mount a separate MDR to your rig, allowing for a more compact camera setup and a quicker setup time. Simply set the motors and hand unit/hand grips to the same channel and you will have full control.
The motors allow for automatic calibration of the lens as well as manual calibration if you are using lenses that don’t have hard end stops at close focus and infinity.
The motors are designed to clamp onto 19mm or 15mm rods (with the included rod bushings). This clamp-on design allows you to easily attach and detach the motors without needing to remove any other accessory from your setup. Every motor has a 0.8 mod, 35 tooth, 32 pitch gear attached, which is the standard gear size for cinema lenses. The torque of the Nucleus-M Motor at 14.8V is 2.5N·m
To power the motors, only one power port on your camera rig needs to be used. Simply plug the P-tap power cable into one of the motors and then daisy chain power to the rest of the motors with the short 7-pin to 7-pin cables. The motors can be powered through a power source that has a voltage output ranging from 7.2V-24V.
The hand unit and hand grips are each powered with two 18650 rechargeable batteries (batteries NOT included). When fully charged, the batteries in the hand grips last up to 2 days, while in the hand unit they last up to 10 hours.
Remote start/stop is possible by plugging a compatible Nucleus-M R/S cable into the open 7-pin port of a motor. This then gives you R/S capabilities through the hand unit and/or the handles.
** PLEASE NOTE: The R/S cables we offer for our wooden handles ARE NOT compatible with the Nucleus-M since the engineering and pin configurations are completely different. Using the wooden handle R/S cables are not safe to use with the Nucleus-M. Only use cables that have been developed by us exclusively for the Nucleus-M system.
- (1) Wireless FIZ hand unit
- (2) Brushless wireless motors with 19mm rod support and 15mm rod bushings
- (1) Right wireless handle
- (1) Finger wheel
- (1) Zoom toggle
- (1) Left wireless handle
- (1) Finger wheel
- (4) Follow focus marking disks
- (1) 74cm 7-pin to P-tap motor power cable
- (1) 55cm 7-pin to 7-pin motor connection cable
- (1) 18cm 7-pin to 7-pin motor connection cable
- (2) Photographic lens follow focus adapters
- (1) 18650 quad battery charger (batteries NOT included)
- (2) Handle to Arri Standard Rosette adapters
- (2) Handle to gimbal bar adapters (compatible with 25mm/30mm rod diameters)
- (1) Wireless FIZ hand unit strap
- (1) Hard shell waterproof safety case